- Instructor: Eugene Moran
- Lectures: 12
- Students: 2492
- Duration: 10 weeks
VSAM stands for Virtual Storage Access Method. VSAM is a file storage access method used in MVS, ZOS and OS/390 operating systems. It was introduced by IBM in 1970’s. It is a high performance access method used to organize data in form of files in Mainframes. VSAM is used by COBOL and CICS in Mainframes to store and retrieve data. VSAM makes it easier for application programs to execute an input-output operation.
Academy Europe presents high-quality formal diplomas, certificates and e-certificates which are formal proof and recognition of accredited online courses. It shows all student’s abilities to learn and achieve high results and is very useful to promote personal career including with CVs, job applications and self improvements.
Samples: Horizantal Diploma – Horizantal Certificate – Vertical E-Certificate
How can you get your certificate at Academy Europe?
- You must click “complete” link at the end of every lesson of your course after you finish them.
- When you finish all lessons of course, the “finish course” link is going to be active at the end of last lesson.
- When you click the “finish course” link, you will finish your course on Academy Europe officially. Then, “certificate” page of you completed course will be automatically active.
- You can see and download your certificate online after you click on your “certificate” link.
This tutorial is designed for software programmers with a need to understand the VSAM concepts starting from scratch. This tutorial will give you enough understanding on VSAM from where you can take yourself to higher level of expertise.
This course by Academy Europe aims at imparting quality education and training to students.
Academy Europe is dedicated to its students, their specific learning requirements, and their overall learning success.
This course is directed toward a student-centered, independent study, asynchronous learning approach.
After completing this course on Academy Europe, students will get self improvement and promotion in their careers.
This course is based on at least two learning skills which are provided to the users through audio & visuals, videos, verbal presentations and articles, all of which are asynchronized with distance education approach.
Before proceeding with this tutorial, you should have a basic understanding of JCL and COBOL. A basic understanding of any of the file handling method will help you in understanding the VSAM concepts and move fast on the learning track.
Before you start proceeding with this course on Academy Europe, we are assuming that you have a good aptitude and can think logically. You should want to try something different.
Ideal candidates for the course would typically possess:
– Discipline and attentiveness
– Ability to conduct research
– Ability to perform tasks with speed, efficiency, and accuracy
– Analytical judgment
– Patience to interpret technical/scientific data
– A willingness to learn, roll up your sleeves and work toward your dream!
– A computer, tablet or smartphone and an internet connection
– Basic computer skills
VSAM - Overview
VSAM - Components
VSAM - Cluster
VSAM - ESDS
VSAM - KSDS
VSAM - RRDS
VSAM - LDS
VSAM - Commands
VSAM - Alternate Index
VSAM - Catalog
VSAM - File Status
Completion of Course