- Instructor: Freya Hudson
- Lectures: 2
- Students: 9525
- Duration: 10 weeks
There are several misconceptions which we all have about time. They affect everyone
including those persons who may be considered quite successful and effective. Here are
some of the misconceptions identified by Dr. Mackenzie:
· Time management is simple – all it requires is common sense. While it is true
that the concept is simple, the self-discipline required to practice effective time
management is not easy.
· Work is best performed under pressure. Psychological studies show this to be
no more than an excuse for procrastination. One does not work well under pressure
– only does the best one can under the circumstances. Pressure and challenge
must not be confused. Lara’s performance when the West Indies Team is in trouble
has more to do with application and determination rather than pressure.
· I use a diary, a to-do list and have a secretary to keep me organized. One
has to keep oneself organized – no one can do it for others. The trouble with the
disorganized person is that he hardly has time to listen to his secretary or look at
· I do not have the time. The effective worker or manager often gets more work
done in the earlier hours of the morning than most laggards get done in the whole
day. He then no longer has to work against tight deadlines and under stress which
contributes to heart problems and not unusually the ultimate reduction of time on
· Time management might be good for some kinds of work but my job is
creative. Time management is not about routine: it is about self-discipline. Lack of
discipline prevents one from being great instead of simply good.
· Time management takes away the fun and freedom of spontaneity. Is working
under stress, forgetting appointments, making constant excuses and apologies to
be fun? Would it not be much more fun if by better organization one had one or two
more hours every day to spend with the family, to play games, read a good book,
plan for tomorrow and the day and week after or just relax?
Time Management Skills Course is based on textbook learning material by Academy Europe.
The textbook courses by Academy Europe are targeted at providing the students with the most important aspects of the theoretical and methodical materials. In addition, the textbook courses will also focus on the philosophical background for the development and use of the theoretical background and are thus to be understood as partly complementary to the material of the course notes. It is assumed and strongly suggested that the students study and become familiar with the course notes.
Empower Academy Europe
Join Academy Europe social media channels on Youtube, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter and more. Share and like them by using your social media accounts.
Academy Europe presents high-quality formal diplomas, certificates and e-certificates which are formal proof and recognition of accredited online courses. It shows all student’s abilities to learn and achieve high results and is very useful to promote personal career including with CVs, job applications and self improvements.
Samples: Horizantal Diploma – Horizantal Certificate – Vertical E-Certificate
How can you get your certificate at Academy Europe?
- You must click “complete” link at the end of every lesson of your course after you finish them.
- When you finish all lessons of course, the “finish course” link is going to be active at the end of last lesson.
- When you click the “finish course” link, you will finish your course on Academy Europe officially. Then, “certificate” page of you completed course will be automatically active.
- You can see and download your certificate online after you click on your “certificate” link.
This course by Academy Europe aims at imparting quality education and training to students.
Academy Europe is dedicated to its students, their specific learning requirements, and their overall learning success.
This course is directed toward a student-centered, independent study, asynchronous learning approach.
After completing this course on Academy Europe, students will get self improvement and promotion in their careers.
This course is based on at least two learning skills which are provided to the users through audio & visuals, videos, verbal presentations and articles, all of which are asynchronized with distance education approach.
Before you start proceeding with this course on Academy Europe, we are assuming that you have a good aptitude and can think logically. You should want to try something different.
Ideal candidates for the course would typically possess:
– Discipline and attentiveness
– Ability to conduct research
– Ability to perform tasks with speed, efficiency, and accuracy
– Analytical judgment
– Patience to interpret technical/scientific data
– A willingness to learn, roll up your sleeves and work toward your dream!
– A computer, tablet or smartphone and an internet connection
– Basic computer skills
Time Management Skills