- Instructor: Joseph Benbow
- Lectures: 43
- Students: 11383
- Duration: 10 weeks
This course gives an overview of OHSAS 18001 and how this standard can help increase health and safety conformity within your organisation and reduce the number of incidents.
OHSAS 1800:2007 Occupational, Health and Safety Management Certification is an international standard which provides a framework to identify, control and decrease the risks associated with health and safety within your company. Implementing the standard will send a clear signal to your stakeholders that you view employee’s health and safety as a principal priority within your company.
An increasing number of organisations are completing OHSAS 18001 Certification as employers are under increasing pressure to ensure that a rigorous health and safety policy is in place which protects employees against possible occupational risks and reduces the likelihood of accidents in the workplace. By planning ahead a company can also reduce the potential for medical and compensation claims.
The OHSAS 18001 standard provides organisations with a framework for health and safety management helping them to:
- Identify, minimise and control health and safety risks
- Conform to health and safety legislation
- Protect the well being of employees.
Benefits of OHSAS 18001
Certification to OHSAS 18001 occupational health and safety management systems signals to your clients and stakeholders that your organisation is committed to protecting the needs of all your stakeholders.
Benefits of OHSAS 18001 Certification – Health and Safety Certification
- Improved corporate image and credibility among stake holders, regulators, customers, prospective clients and the public
- Adoption of international best practice in relation to risk management
- Ensures health and well-being of employees, sub-contractors and the public
- Minimisation of liability of employers through adoption of proactive rather than reactive controls
- Ensures legislative awareness and compliance
- Reduces accident and incident rates by reducing and elimination workplace hazards
- Improves the incident investigation process
- Increases employee motivation through the provision of a safer workplace and participation process
The IEC and ISO are both independent, non-governmental, not-for-profit organizations that develop and publish fully consensus-based International Standards. The members of the two organizations include government, private and public-private entities. For each organization, there can only be one member per UN-recognized country and every member country, no matter how large or small, has one vote and a say in what goes into the IEC or ISO International Standard. National positions on IEC and ISO International Standards are not necessarily government positions, but should be representative of all interested stakeholders, including government experts. The IEC and ISO promote world trade and economic growth and encourage the development of products, systems and services that are safe, efficient and environmentally friendly.
What is a standard?
A standard is a document that specifies requirements for products, services and/or processes, laying down their required characteristics. This helps ensure the free movement of goods and encourages exports. Standardization promotes efficiency and quality assurance in industry, technology, science and the public sector. It serves to safeguard people and goods and to improve quality in all areas of life. Standards are developed in a consensus-based process organized by a recognized standards body.
Academy Europe presents high-quality formal diplomas, certificates and e-certificates which are formal proof and recognition of accredited online courses. It shows all student’s abilities to learn and achieve high results and is very useful to promote personal career including with CVs, job applications and self improvements.
How can you get your certificate at Academy Europe?
- You must click “complete” link at the end of every lesson of your course after you finish them.
- When you finish all lessons of course, the “finish course” link is going to be active at the end of last lesson.
- When you click the “finish course” link, you will finish your course on Academy Europe officially. Then, “certificate” page of you completed course will be automatically active.
- You can see and download your certificate online after you click on your “certificate” link.
This tutorial is designed for anyone who wants to understand the fundementals of ISO Standards and international standardization. Academy Europe does not perform ISO certifications. Academy Europe and its services are not endorsed, approved or certified by ISO. Academy Europe only refers to ISO in a fair. Academy Europe presents courses to its students about understanding of ISO standardization.
There are no prerequisites for this course except a desire to learn about the fundementals of ISO Standards and international standardization.
Benefits of standardization
Standardization is a key strategic instrument for companies of all sizes.
Advantages and benefits of using and referencing IEC and ISO International Standards in public policy
World trade and International Standards
Methods of using and referencing IEC and ISO International Standards to support regulations
Accessibility of IEC and ISO International Standards
National policies on the use of standards to support public policy
Examples of IEC and ISO International Standards supporting public policy in different sectors
ISO and IEC International Standards for policy makers
Using ISO/CASCO Standards in Regulations (ISO Document)
How to Best Use IEC and ISO Standards