- Instructor: Katherine Willis
- Lectures: 14
- Students: 2342
- Duration: 10 weeks
Job Control Language (JCL) is the command language of Multiple Virtual Storage (MVS), which is the commonly used Operating System in the IBM Mainframe computers. JCL identifies the program to be executed, the inputs that are required and location of the input/output and informs the Operating System through Job control Statements. In mainframe environment, programs can be executed in batch and online modes. JCL is used for submitting a program for execution in batch mode.
Academy Europe presents high-quality formal diplomas, certificates and e-certificates which are formal proof and recognition of accredited online courses. It shows all student’s abilities to learn and achieve high results and is very useful to promote personal career including with CVs, job applications and self improvements.
Samples: Horizantal Diploma – Horizantal Certificate – Vertical E-Certificate
How can you get your certificate at Academy Europe?
- You must click “complete” link at the end of every lesson of your course after you finish them.
- When you finish all lessons of course, the “finish course” link is going to be active at the end of last lesson.
- When you click the “finish course” link, you will finish your course on Academy Europe officially. Then, “certificate” page of you completed course will be automatically active.
- You can see and download your certificate online after you click on your “certificate” link.
This tutorial will be useful for software programmers in the need of understanding the basics of Job Control Language. Also, this tutorial will be helpful to mainframe professionals to increase their level of expertise in JCL.
This course by Academy Europe aims at imparting quality education and training to students.
Academy Europe is dedicated to its students, their specific learning requirements, and their overall learning success.
This course is directed toward a student-centered, independent study, asynchronous learning approach.
After completing this course on Academy Europe, students will get self improvement and promotion in their careers.
This course is based on at least two learning skills which are provided to the users through audio & visuals, videos, verbal presentations and articles, all of which are asynchronized with distance education approach.
The tutorial is intended for readers, who have a basic understanding of job management and data management in a mainframe environment.
Before you start proceeding with this course on Academy Europe, we are assuming that you have a good aptitude and can think logically. You should want to try something different.
Ideal candidates for the course would typically possess:
– Discipline and attentiveness
– Ability to conduct research
– Ability to perform tasks with speed, efficiency, and accuracy
– Analytical judgment
– Patience to interpret technical/scientific data
– A willingness to learn, roll up your sleeves and work toward your dream!
– A computer, tablet or smartphone and an internet connection
– Basic computer skills
JCL - Overview
JCL - Environment Setup
JCL - JOB Statement
JCL - EXEC Statement
JCL - DD Statement
JCL - Base Library
JCL - Procedures
JCL - Conditional Processing
JCL - Defining Datasets
Running COBOL Programs using JCL
JCL - Utility Programs
JCL - Basic Sort Tricks
Completion of Course