- Instructor: Debra Rosenhain
- Lectures: 18
- Students: 1833
- Duration: 10 weeks
COBOL stands for Common Business Oriented Language.The US Department of Defense, in a conference, formed CODASYL (Conference on Data Systems Language) to develop a language for business data processing needs which is now known as COBOL.
COBOL is used for writing application programs and we cannot use it to write system software. The applications like those in defense domain, insurance domain, etc. which require huge data processing make extensive use of COBOL.
Academy Europe presents high-quality formal diplomas, certificates and e-certificates which are formal proof and recognition of accredited online courses. It shows all student’s abilities to learn and achieve high results and is very useful to promote personal career including with CVs, job applications and self improvements.
Samples: Horizantal Diploma – Horizantal Certificate – Vertical E-Certificate
How can you get your certificate at Academy Europe?
- You must click “complete” link at the end of every lesson of your course after you finish them.
- When you finish all lessons of course, the “finish course” link is going to be active at the end of last lesson.
- When you click the “finish course” link, you will finish your course on Academy Europe officially. Then, “certificate” page of you completed course will be automatically active.
- You can see and download your certificate online after you click on your “certificate” link.
This tutorial is designed for software programmers who would like to learn the basics of COBOL. It provides enough understanding on COBOL programming language from where you can take yourself to a higher level of expertise.
This course by Academy Europe aims at imparting quality education and training to students.
Academy Europe is dedicated to its students, their specific learning requirements, and their overall learning success.
This course is directed toward a student-centered, independent study, asynchronous learning approach.
After completing this course on Academy Europe, students will get self improvement and promotion in their careers.
This course is based on at least two learning skills which are provided to the users through audio & visuals, videos, verbal presentations and articles, all of which are asynchronized with distance education approach.
Before proceeding with this tutorial, you should have a basic understanding of computer programming terminologies and JCL. A basic understanding of any of the programming languages will help you understand the concepts of COBOL programming and move fast on the learning track.
Before you start proceeding with this course on Academy Europe, we are assuming that you have a good aptitude and can think logically. You should want to try something different.
Ideal candidates for the course would typically possess:
– Discipline and attentiveness
– Ability to conduct research
– Ability to perform tasks with speed, efficiency, and accuracy
– Analytical judgment
– Patience to interpret technical/scientific data
– A willingness to learn, roll up your sleeves and work toward your dream!
– A computer, tablet or smartphone and an internet connection
– Basic computer skills
COBOL - Overview
COBOL - Environment Setup
COBOL - Program Structure
COBOL - Basic Syntax
COBOL - Data Types
COBOL - Data Layout
COBOL - Conditional Statements
COBOL - Loop Statements
COBOL - String Handling
COBOL - Table Processing
COBOL - File Handling
COBOL - File Organization
COBOL - File Access Mode
COBOL - File Handling Verbs
COBOL - Subroutines
COBOL - Internal Sort
COBOL - Database Interface
Completion of Course