- Instructor: Heidi Sommer
- Lectures: 43
- Students: 110
- Duration: 10 weeks
Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) – Part 4-5: Testing and measurement techniques – Surge immunity test.
IEC 61000-4-5:2014+A1:2017 relates to the immunity requirements, test methods, and range of recommended test levels for equipment with regard to unidirectional surges caused by over-voltages from switching and lightning transients. Several test levels are defined which relate to different environment and installation conditions. These requirements are developed for and are applicable to electrical and electronic equipment. The object of this standard is to establish a common reference for evaluating the immunity of electrical and electronic equipment when subjected to surges. The test method documented describes a consistent method to assess the immunity of an equipment or system against a defined phenomenon. This standard defines a range of:
– test levels;
– test equipment;
– test setups; and
– test procedures. The task of the described laboratory test is to find the reaction of the equipment under test (EUT) under specified operational conditions to surge voltages caused by switching and lightning effects. It is not intended to test the capability of the EUT’s insulation to withstand high-voltage stress. Direct injections of lightning currents, i.e. direct lightning strikes, are not considered in this standard. This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2005, and constitutes a technical revision which includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
– a new Annex E on mathematical modelling of surge waveforms;
– a new Annex F on measurement uncertainty;
– a new Annex G on method of calibration of impulse measuring systems; and
– a new Annex H on coupling/decoupling surges to lines rated above 200 A. Moreover while surge test for ports connected to outside telecommunication lines was addressed in 6.2 of the second edition (IEC 61000-4-5:2005), in this third edition (IEC 61000-4-5:2014) the normative Annex A is fully dedicated to this topic. In particular it gives the specifications of the 10/700 µs combined wave generator.
Academy Europe presents high-quality formal diplomas, certificates and e-certificates which are formal proof and recognition of accredited online courses. It shows all student’s abilities to learn and achieve high results and is very useful to promote personal career including with CVs, job applications and self improvements.
How can you get your certificate at Academy Europe?
- You must click “complete” link at the end of every lesson of your course after you finish them.
- When you finish all lessons of course, the “finish course” link is going to be active at the end of last lesson.
- When you click the “finish course” link, you will finish your course on Academy Europe officially. Then, “certificate” page of you completed course will be automatically active.
- You can see and download your certificate online after you click on your “certificate” link.
Samples: Horizantal Diploma – Horizantal Certificate – Vertical E-Certificate
Before you start proceeding with this course on Academy Europe, we are assuming that you have a good aptitude and can think logically. You should want to try something different.
Ideal candidates for the course would typically possess:
– Discipline and attentiveness
– Ability to conduct research
– Ability to perform tasks with speed, efficiency, and accuracy
– Analytical judgment
– Patience to interpret technical/scientific data
– A willingness to learn, roll up your sleeves and work toward your dream!
– A computer, tablet or smartphone and an internet connection
– Basic computer skills
This course is designed for anyone who wants to understand the fundementals of ISO/IEC Standards and international standardization. Academy Europe does not perform ISO/IEC certifications. Academy Europe and its services are not endorsed, approved or certified by ISO. Academy Europe only refers to ISO in a fair. Academy Europe presents courses to its students about understanding of ISO/IEC standardization.
This course by Academy Europe aims at imparting quality education and training to students.
Academy Europe is dedicated to its students, their specific learning requirements, and their overall learning success.
This course is directed toward a student-centered, independent study, asynchronous learning approach.
After completing this course on Academy Europe, students will get self improvement and promotion in their careers.
This course is based on at least two learning skills which are provided to the users through audio & visuals, videos, verbal presentations and articles, all of which are asynchronized with distance education approach.
About IEC Standards
The IEC and ISO are both independent, non-governmental, not-for-profit organizations that develop and publish fully consensus-based International Standards. The members of the two organizations include government, private and public-private entities. For each organization, there can only be one member per UN-recognized country and every member country, no matter how large or small, has one vote and a say in what goes into the IEC or ISO International Standard. National positions on IEC and ISO International Standards are not necessarily government positions, but should be representative of all interested stakeholders, including government experts. The IEC and ISO promote world trade and economic growth and encourage the development of products, systems and services that are safe, efficient and environmentally friendly.
What is a standard?
A standard is a document that specifies requirements for products, services and/or processes, laying down their required characteristics. This helps ensure the free movement of goods and encourages exports. Standardization promotes efficiency and quality assurance in industry, technology, science and the public sector. It serves to safeguard people and goods and to improve quality in all areas of life. Standards are developed in a consensus-based process organized by a recognized standards body.
Introduction to IEC and ISO
CEI IEC 61000-4-5
Benefits of standardization
Standardization is a key strategic instrument for companies of all sizes.
Advantages and benefits of using and referencing IEC and ISO International Standards in public policy
World trade and International Standards
Methods of using and referencing IEC and ISO International Standards to support regulations
Accessibility of IEC and ISO International Standards
National policies on the use of standards to support public policy
Examples of IEC and ISO International Standards supporting public policy in different sectors
ISO and IEC International Standards for policy makers
Using ISO/CASCO Standards in Regulations (ISO Document)
How to Best Use IEC and ISO Standards