- Instructor: Todd Barrett
- Lectures: 8
- Students: 3227
- Duration: 10 weeks
Apache Bench (ab) is a load testing and benchmarking tool for Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) server. It can be run from command line and it is very simple to use. A quick load testing output can be obtained in just one minute. As it does not need too much familiarity with load and performance testing concepts, therefore it is suitable for beginners and intermediate users. To use this tool, no complex setup is required. Moreover, it gets installed automatically with Apache web server, or it can be installed separately as Apache utility.
Academy Europe presents high-quality formal diplomas, certificates and e-certificates which are formal proof and recognition of accredited online courses. It shows all student’s abilities to learn and achieve high results and is very useful to promote personal career including with CVs, job applications and self improvements.
Samples: Horizantal Diploma – Horizantal Certificate – Vertical E-Certificate
How can you get your certificate at Academy Europe?
- You must click “complete” link at the end of every lesson of your course after you finish them.
- When you finish all lessons of course, the “finish course” link is going to be active at the end of last lesson.
- When you click the “finish course” link, you will finish your course on Academy Europe officially. Then, “certificate” page of you completed course will be automatically active.
- You can see and download your certificate online after you click on your “certificate” link.
This tutorial is designed for Application Developers and System Administrators, who are willing to learn Apache Bench in simple and easy steps. This tutorial will give you practical knowledge on Apache Bench, and after completing this tutorial, you will be at an intermediate level of expertise from where you can take yourself to higher level of expertise.
This course by Academy Europe aims at imparting quality education and training to students.
Academy Europe is dedicated to its students, their specific learning requirements, and their overall learning success.
This course is directed toward a student-centered, independent study, asynchronous learning approach.
After completing this course on Academy Europe, students will get self improvement and promotion in their careers.
This course is based on at least two learning skills which are provided to the users through audio & visuals, videos, verbal presentations and articles, all of which are asynchronized with distance education approach.
Before proceeding with this tutorial, you should have a basic understanding of command line interface (CLI), HTTP, text editor and web servers, etc., because you will need these tools to successfully run Apache Bench for load testing. In addition, it will be good if you have knowledge of web development and application testing processes.
Before you start proceeding with this course on Academy Europe, we are assuming that you have a good aptitude and can think logically. You should want to try something different.
Ideal candidates for the course would typically possess:
– Discipline and attentiveness
– Ability to conduct research
– Ability to perform tasks with speed, efficiency, and accuracy
– Analytical judgment
– Patience to interpret technical/scientific data
– A willingness to learn, roll up your sleeves and work toward your dream!
– A computer, tablet or smartphone and an internet connection
– Basic computer skills
Apache Bench - Overview
Apache Bench - Environment Setup
Testing Our Sample Application
Testing Multiple URLs Concurrently
Preparation for Testing Dynamic Pages
Sequential Test Cases for Dynamic Pages
Apache Bench - Comparison of Outputs
Completion of Course